POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad journalism : Re: Bad journalism Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad journalism
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Jan 2010 04:40:40
Message: <4b63fe98@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Btw, why couldn't it work in the other direction as well?
>
>   For example, the majority of NBA players are black. Isn't this discrimination
> against white people?

Yes. This is clearly and obviously discrimination against white people.

In fact, you know what? Most NBA players are very tall. Obviously
discrimination against short people.

In fact, most NBA players are very thin. Obvious discrimination against
fat people!

And hey, most NBA players are extremely fit. This discrimination against
unfit people is totally unfair!!

It's not discrimination if people without the necessary skills can't get
in. It's only discrimination if people who *do* have the necessary
skills can't get in just because of their skin colour / other arbitrary
irrelevant factor. People need to wake up and realise this.

This stuff is getting stupid. Where my mum works, there's this one black
guy who's bone idle, lazy, incompetant, and has harassed female staff on
more than one occasion. But every time somebody tries to fire him, it's
"oh, this is racially motivated! This is unfair! I'm calling the
police!" And the company backs down, and he gets to keep his job. WTF?

This is of course inverse discrimination; if a white guy did this, he'd
be gone in 5 seconds flat...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/