POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad journalism : Re: Bad journalism Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad journalism
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 29 Jan 2010 18:29:42
Message: <4b636f66@news.povray.org>
On 01/29/10 14:23, Warp wrote:
> train a person to think geometrically), but AFAIK in the US and especially
> Europe all people have had the exact same education for quite many decades.

	Heck no. There's no well defined standard for education here in the US.
It varies from state to state, and varies quite a bit even within a
state. If you go to one school, your performance may be considered OK.
The same performance in another school may be considered close to failure.

>   If some group of people doesn't *want* to get educated, that's a different
> problem. It's *their* problem, not the problem in IQ or aptitude tests.

	Why are we discussing hypotheticals?

>   I have hard time thinking of a question in a fireman test which a white
> citizen of the US is able to answer due to his culture but a black citizen
> of the US isn't, especially if both have gone to the same schools.

1. That you (or I) can't think of something is not indicative of much.
Don't give yourself too much credit.

2. What gave you the idea that the test was about firefighting? That's
the whole point of my saying "Bad Journalism". The articles that I
looked at didn't give a clue as to what's on the test.

--
One flea to another: "Is there life on other dogs?"