POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : bounding turbulence : Re: bounding turbulence Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:35:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bounding turbulence
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 28 Jan 2010 13:55:21
Message: <4b61dd99$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/01/2010 18:59, Leroy Whetstone nous fit lire :

> Le_Forgeron wrote:
>> Leroy Whetstone a écrit :
>>
>>> Is there a way to calculate a bounding box for a spherical pigment
>>> that uses turbulence?
>>>

>> Huh ?
>> Bounding boxes apply to shapes, not pigment.
>> Even with turbulence, the shape remains perfect.
>>
>> I might not have understood the query.
>
> What I'm trying to do is scale a turbulent spherical pigment so that it
> fits into a 2 unit square on the z plane. The spherical pattern start at
> one and goes toward zero. What I want to know is a way to calculate the
> minamal point from <0,0,0> where every point farther out will be zero.
> (kind of a bounding box)

Could you post a scene's extract with that turbulence & pattern and the
shape/object you apply it on ?
Unless the way Warp has suggested, I'm afraid of some delusion
(comprehensible delusion due to the mesh-uber-alles approach in the
raytracing world, but delusion with povray nevertheless).