POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Working it out : Re: Working it out Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Working it out
From: scott
Date: 28 Jan 2010 10:31:07
Message: <4b61adbb$1@news.povray.org>
> Most managers I've seen are in charge of dozens if not hundreds of people.
> If you're only in charge of (say) 3 people, that makes you like more of a
> team leader than an actual manager...

I think it's just whatever arbitrary job names the company comes up with :-)
Also the size of the company probably makes a difference as to how many job
"levels" there are and what counts as manager.  Here we only have about 100
people, so it goes Engineer/Researcher --> Manager --> Director --> Managing
Director.  Obviously in a larger company you need to start putting in more
levels like Team Leader and Senior Manager or whatever.