POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Michael Jackson : Re: Michael Jackson Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Michael Jackson
From: nemesis
Date: 27 Jan 2010 10:44:08
Message: <4b605f48@news.povray.org>
Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay escreveu:
> "Neeum Zawan" <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote in message
>> You do realize he still had a huge number of fans prior to his death,
>> right?
>
> Yes, but those fans became largely invisible.  They were not fashionable.
> They were mocked.  Then we he died, we allowed them to come out of the
> closet (so to speak) and suddenly, it was perfectly acceptable to like
> Michael Jackson once again.

MJ is the essence of the 1980's.  Guess what, those who were teens back
then are the leaders of the world today.  Things we loved in our youth
continue with us for all life.  Those people set the trends and the
trend is a 80's flashback.

After the successful "That's 70's show" TV show, the producers decided
to pursue "That's 80's show" but alas it was too early (besides 80's
were never as fun as the 70's).  Had it popped in right after MJ's
death, it'd likely be huge.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9