POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why we have juries : Re: Why we have juries Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why we have juries
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jan 2010 19:16:46
Message: <4b5f85ee$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Recently there was a law proposal to allow undercover police officers to
> perform minor crimes (such as pilferage) to keep their disguise while
> undercover

That's not what's happening here, tho. The cops aren't really selling you
drugs. They're offering to sell you drugs, and if you buy it, they arrest you.

I don't think an undercover cop is supposed to be shoplifting here, for
example, to keep up his cover. I don't really know, tho. I imagine someone
infiltrating a gang has to do some illegal stuff on occasion.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do