POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Michael Jackson : Re: Michael Jackson Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Michael Jackson
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 26 Jan 2010 16:17:56
Message: <4b5f5c04$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:

> Then he died.

Have you noticed how every time a schoolboy is killed in a tragic
accident or dies of a horrible disease or is randomly shot by gunmen or
something, his friends from the school always say "he was a happy,
out-going boy who was loved by everyone"?

I've never yet heard anybody say "it's a shame he's dead, but actually
he was a bit of a tosser". Surely some people who get killed *are* not
well liked. Not that they deserve to die or anything, but surely not
everybody who gets killed was the very center of the community they
lived in.

I sometimes wonder what people will say about me after I'm dead. Whether
they'll claim I was popular and successful, liked by everybody. Or
whether they'll say the truth: that hardly anybody even noticed me in
their day to day lives. I can just see the conversation in the tea room
at work now. "Andrew died." "Oh, that's terrible." "Yeah." "...anyway,
so what did you do this weekend?"

Of course, most of the people who "know" me are only contactable online,
so if I did die, most of the people I know would just assume my PC
stopped working or something...

The fact that I've spent this long thinking about my own death probably
tells you something about my mental state. o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/