POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Free will : Re: Free will Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free will
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 26 Jan 2010 15:33:35
Message: <4b5f519f$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Why it is important to define the term "free will" before arguing
> whether we have it:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6S9OidmNZM
>
> For the zinger, start five minutes in. :-) But it's worth watching the
> whole thing. Creepy.

For all the talk about determinism, they managed to avoid mentioning why
they can pinpoint a decision 6 seconds ahead of time instead of a whole
minute or more. They reduce the 'I' into the combination of conscious
and subconscious, and then wave off free-will as the subconscious.

Which means that 'I' still has free-will.