POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar : Re: Avatar Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avatar
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Jan 2010 16:10:26
Message: <4b5cb742$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   You could have different types of such characters.

I read a fascinating book full of short stories called something like "tales
from the catina."  It took all the zero-dimensional characters from Star
Wars and wrote short stories/novelettes about each one. It also seemed like
they were interconnected, as if each author was given the end of the
previous story to start from.

So there's a story about the guy playing keyboard in the Catina band, and
how he's down on his luck, so he sells a blaster to the jawa who was
cleaning up the dead bodies at the attacked jawa transport, who takes it and
tries to get revenge on the empire by shooting the guards who believed these
aren't the droids they were looking for, who go rough up the pig-faced guard
to get an audience with Jaba the Hutt, who is in the process of talking to
the monster trainer to get a new monster of the type Luke dropped the door
on, etc etc etc.

A very fun concept. I think they actually made two books full of such stories.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do