POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting interview questions : Re: Interesting interview questions Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting interview questions
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jan 2010 16:18:26
Message: <4b5b67a2$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>   I have hard time parsing that question.
>>
>> It *is* messed up. The usual question is something like
>>
>> You have a race two miles long. For the first mile, one car goes 60MPH
>> and the other goes 30MPH. How fast does the other car have to go to
>> finish the race at the same time as the one going 60MPH?
>>

> In the time it takes the second car to go one mile, the first car
> finishes the race.

That's the trick question. Of course, this one was poorly worded, because I
said "for the first mile" and I intended that to refer to the faster car. If
it refers to the slower car, yes, it's a trick question. It shows whether
you actually think before you answer. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do