POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar : Re: Avatar Server Time
8 Oct 2024 14:53:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avatar
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jan 2010 15:26:17
Message: <4b5b5b69$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>>> That would be "Overcoming the monster".
>
>> I disagree that covers it.
>
>   Movies rarely fall into one single category.

Sure, but I think the idea that all movies can be categorized into only
seven basic plots makes those plots too general to really be of much use
analyzing movies.

Maybe in writing a play, you are better off sticking to one of those seven
main themes, but I think there's a lot more you can do with books and movies
than you can with plays. I can see where in a play you wouldn't want to
combine a comedy with an overcoming-the-monster per se, for example.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do