POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar : Re: Avatar Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avatar
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 22 Jan 2010 18:00:00
Message: <4b5a2df0@news.povray.org>
On 01/22/10 12:41, Warp wrote:
> Neeum Zawan<m.n### [at] ieeeorg>  wrote:
>>          And if they hadn't made the characters so one dimensional, then I'd
>> have liked the movie more.
>
>    Btw, I have always wondered exactly what is it meant by "one dimensional
> character". I assume it's something related to character development,
> but maybe concrete examples of "one-dimensional" characters and
> "non-one-dimensional" characters in some movies (and why they are
> considered such) could help understanding better.

	One dimensional typically means that they're very simple.

	My use of the phrase is probably problematic/invalid. By 1-D, I meant
so strongly stereotyped. People like the jealous friend, military
commander, the corporate guy were all fairly simple characters, some of
whom were taken to silly extremes. The romance was also fairly
stereotyped, as was the response of the natives to the main character, etc.

--
If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.