POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar : Re: Avatar Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avatar
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 22 Jan 2010 15:28:33
Message: <4b5a0a71$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/22/10 09:23, Darren New wrote:
> I think that the cost of a movie prevents you from doing something
> *really* original. Some of the stuff like Total Recall or Jumper would
> have been a pretty original story had it not come from a book. But I
> don't think you'll find too many people spending $200million on a
> completely new and untested story.

	Timely. I was just watching the Fawlty Towers DVD's, and in the
interview section, John Cleese said that a marketing person told him the
most difficult thing to sell is something original. People are too
worried it will fail. Cleese's perspective was that original material
takes time to become popular (Fawlty Towers wasn't a great hit until its
reruns), so it's better for TV series than movies.

--
If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.