POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar : Re: Avatar Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avatar
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Jan 2010 12:30:36
Message: <4b59e0bc$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> Did they really need that jealous guy, for example?

I suspect he comes up in the part of the story that was cut from shooting
because the movie was already too long. :-)

> It was as if the writer was following some recipe book to the letter.

Indeed. There's *always* a rejected and hence jealous boyfriend, even when
completely unnecessary.

>     I'd say it was a pretty good movie if they'd just had better
> characters - even if the plot was completely unoriginal.

I understand much of the complexity was cut. There were scenes on earth
motivating the need to attack the planet, drug abuse amongst the marines,
marine leaders taking bribes (altho for what I don't remember), etc etc.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do