POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I am now a member... : Re: I am now a member... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I am now a member...
From: scott
Date: 22 Jan 2010 03:00:29
Message: <4b595b1d@news.povray.org>
> Not at all. It's easy to become a member. You don't really need to show
> any proper qualifications.

Maybe it's different for the IEEE then?  For the IMechE to become a member
you must have finished an accredited engineering course at an accredited
university (I have to send signed degree certificates with my application),
and then you must have had enough experience in industry to demonstrate your
Engineering skills in several areas (most people usually have enough after
about 5 years of working on relevant projects).  If they don't feel you've
had enough experience (you have to send them a 2500 word report) then they
won't even ask you in for an interview.