POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting interview questions : Re: Interesting interview questions Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting interview questions
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jan 2010 20:00:46
Message: <4b57a73e$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> That makes more sense - but fairly easy to answer algebraically.

That's why I think the original poster meant to ask the later questions,
which are somewhat trickier.

>>> And I'm not sure that discarding the length of the track allows the
>>> question to be answered even then.
>> No, that would eliminate the ability to answer.
>
> How so?  If you know the distances and speeds,

Oh, you're discarding the length of the track, but you still know the distances?

I don't understand, but ... nevermind. :-)

>> You want to average 60MPH over two minutes. You go 30MPH for the first
>> mile. How fast do you have to go to average 60MPH for two minues?
>>
>> Second alternate question: you want to average 60 MPH. You drive 10
>> miles at 30MPH. How many miles do you need to drive at 90MPH to average
>> 60MPH?
>
> I agree, that question formulation would be easier to answer.

Well, except for the first one. And the second one is unobvious, easy to
fall into a trap.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do