POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do even know how to title this one : Do even know how to title this one Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Do even know how to title this one
From: Jim Charter
Date: 20 Jan 2010 19:37:13
Message: <4b57a1b9$1@news.povray.org>
Yesterday after I finished teaching customer relations and map reading
to my group of prospective taxi drivers, a small Bengali man, who had
been sitting front row center and applying himself to my lessons with
smiling assiduity made a point of shaking my hand and complimenting me
on my teaching at the end of the day.  Not so unusual, Bengali's, I have
found, are very respectful of education and educators.  In general they
are a delight to have in the classroom and on some rare occasions they
have wanted me to pose in photos with them.  Today the subject was Rules
and Regs and the same man was front row center smiling pleasantly all
day, always very serious about note taking and doing the in class
exercises.  At the end of class today, once again he came up to me and
complimented me on my teaching style and expressed again and again how
pleased he was to have had me as a teacher.  Again I thanked him.  After
answering some other questions he came up to me again, and again the
handshake and the compliments and thank yous.  As I continued to pack up
my things back at the 'desk' at the front of the room, once again he
comes over and shakes my hand, again so pleased to have had me as a
teacher.  So again smiles all around.  Now, he suddenly drops to the
floor and starts putting his hands on my Nike's, as I step back he
kneels in front of me more formally and performs some form of
genuflection that involved kissing his own fingertips, pressing them on
the toes of my shoes and then to his own forehead several times.  Talk
about your gob-smacked! I was simply astonished.  Then he stands back
up, yet another smiley handshake and he quickly moves to exit the room.
  All I could do was to give him a sort of goofy, exaggerated thumbs up.
  Dunno what to think about that one.  Won't be teaching him tomorrow,
which is good, not sure I want to know what comes next.