POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How Common Lisp developers see users of other languages : Re: How Common Lisp developers see users of other languages Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How Common Lisp developers see users of other languages
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jan 2010 13:16:21
Message: <4b574875@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> It's the Unabomber, right?

Yeah.

>  A lone guy all alone fighting the tech world?  sounds kinda fitting... :P

Ah, I get it now. Very droll.

>> or with Smalltalk (assuming that's peewee herman or something?)  The
>> others were quite amusing.
>
> yeah, I don't get that either.

If it's Bill Nye, then I guess the idea was Smalltalk was a big research
project from PARC, so a scientific experiment in that sense?

> I liked the borg for Clojure (CL'ers are
> in deep hate for it right now)

Yep. Assimilation rules!

> and Doc Brown the stereotypical mad scientist for Haskell. :D

With the added fun of lazy evaluation and pure functional languages standign
in for time travel.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do