POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering : Re: Physically Correct rendering Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physically Correct rendering
From: scott
Date: 20 Jan 2010 11:49:26
Message: <4b573416@news.povray.org>
> Thank you.  I appreciate your open-mindedness.  I can perfectly accept
> lack of human resources as a fine excuse, the others are just BS.

I haven't really seen any valid *technical* reason why something like POV
couldn't be ported to CUDA or OpenCL and run fine on the latest 3D cards.
Most of the technical arguments against it are only valid for older cards
(eg lack of double support, limits of number of instructions and branching
etc).