POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering : Re: Physically Correct rendering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physically Correct rendering
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 19 Jan 2010 16:26:56
Message: <4b5623a0$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 03:28:00 -0200, nemesis wrote:
>>
>>> It was a hint for possible improvement.
>> Not really, no - it's been an ongoing obsession of yours, even in light
>> (pun not intended) of countless people who know a lot more about how the
>> software works patiently explaining why it's not practical.
>
> The only explanation so far being thrown has been:  "[stuff i made up to prove my
point]".

I have stated my intention to look into this, and you keep ranting and
railing about how no one will listen; either with intent to demean those
who are trying in ways that you do not understand, or simply to troll.
You have gone beyond making a point and have wandered, intentionally or
not, into insulting the people who you expect to listen to you. So, at
this point, I must consider your opinion to be worthless.

Whether the GPU code you have pointed out proves useful or not, your
actual contribution has been negligible. When you have actual code, that
applies to POV-Ray specifically, and not just links to thinks you do not
understand but somehow would like to see POV-Ray do anyways, feel free
to contact me. Otherwise, stuff it.