POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma in beta 35a : Re: Gamma in beta 35a Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:39:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma in beta 35a
From: Warp
Date: 18 Jan 2010 19:17:09
Message: <4b54fa04@news.povray.org>
FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Does the display_gamma setting modify the output image at all?

  display_gamma affects the preview window. Its purpose is to be the
proper gamma for your system (that's usually 2.2).

> I kept file_gamma as 1.0 and did not use assumed_gamma.

  file_gamma should usually be the same as display_gamma, because that way
you are telling which display_gamma you were using when you made the image.

  (I have to admit that I don't remember now why display_gamma and file_gamma
are two separate values instead of being just one and the same.)

> So with POV-Ray 3.7 do I have to gamma correct all the renders
> separately in another program?

  No, you specify the proper file_gamma.

--
                                                          - Warp