POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering : Re: GPU rendering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GPU rendering
From: nemesis
Date: 18 Jan 2010 15:42:44
Message: <4b54c7c4@news.povray.org>
andrel escreveu:

>>> Yes it would because you wouldn't be able to use both on the same
>>> render to get the speedup you want.  So in other words there's no
>>> point in changing POV for this, you might as well use an existing
>>> triangle renderer if you only want to render triangles.  It would
>>> just be a complete waste of time for the developers.
>>
>> Just about as much as using povray to do anything other than abstract
>> math.
>>
> That is the second time you mention that. Have you looked in the HOF or
> in p.b.i for that matter.

yep, plenty of good-looking mesh scenes there, right?  Sadly, since
povray's triangle handling in the near future will be the by far the
slowest out there, I think most artists will move on and the HOF will be
housing far more math abstracts than real-world scenes.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9