POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering : Re: GPU rendering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GPU rendering
From: nemesis
Date: 17 Jan 2010 13:07:11
Message: <4b5351cf$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> If you wonder, I recommend reading their code and finding out. Then you
> will see how it does not work past spheres and triangles.

which is why, *again*, I have to point out I was hinting at using the
GPU solely to speed up povray's ray-triangle intersections.

Is there any trolling in that?  Wishing to make povray readily more
usable outside its small math geek audience?

Outside that small niche, no one cares about perfect abstract solids or
slow-rendering math surfaces.  Is it trolling to ask one to wake up and
smell the coffee?