POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Planes (?) for cleaning building envelop (walls) through CSG. : Re: Planes (?) for cleaning building envelop (walls) through CSG. Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planes (?) for cleaning building envelop (walls) through CSG.
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jan 2010 11:42:52
Message: <4b533e0c@news.povray.org>
Kene wrote:
> I have realized that a merge does this work well enough with some recalculation
> to get the new intersections. This seems to make more sense at this point.

One thing to be careful of is if you're using actual shadow-casting lights
instead of ambient or some such. If you build the entire building out of one
object (e.g., a union of walls and floors), the shadow calculations will
take forever. Each light will have to test every object in the entire
structure for each ray cast.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do