POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : textures.inc : Re: textures.inc Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: textures.inc
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Jan 2010 10:21:53
Message: <4b532b11$1@news.povray.org>
"Sabrina Kilian" <ski### [at] vtedu> schreef in bericht

> I don't delve into complex textures often, so I am probably wrong about
> most of this, but there were no wrapping brackets. It looked like:
>
> #declare PinkAlabaster = texture {
>  stuff
> }
> texture {
>  stuff
> }
>
> Is the syntax for layered textures that odd? I expected another set of
> open and close bracket to enclose both textures. If not, that is just
> what I get for looking at things this early in the morning.

That is indeed the syntax. A texture is layered thus by successive textures,
the first being the lowest, until a new declaration is met. Of course,
transmit and/or filter are needed in the latter textures to make the layers
visible, but you know that of course :-)

I agree that it may seem odd as one expects some kind of wrapping as in most
if not all code, but there it is.

Thomas