POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interactive Volume Caustics in Single-Scattering Media : Re: Interactive Volume Caustics in Single-Scattering Media Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interactive Volume Caustics in Single-Scattering Media
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 16 Jan 2010 19:21:08
Message: <4b5257f4$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mN0L6OQlTs
>
> seen elsewhere and then remembered I told Andrew games soon enough would be
> featuring scattering media.  Though I thought of a Microsoft project I've seen
> before, this looks much more impressive.  Will be showing up on this year's
> SIGGRAPH.

Note, it's going to be showing up in this year's SIGGRAPH Symposium on
Interactive 3D Graphics and Games, which is not that same as "SIGGRAPH"
which alone as a word, where it generally refers to the main SIGGRAPH
conference.

That said, the results look quite nice, although I think things along
the same lines have been previously (though the details of this
technique may well make able to render better scenes faster).