POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In my limited experience... : Re: In my limited experience... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In my limited experience...
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jan 2010 12:39:28
Message: <4b51f9d0$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> This test says NOTHING about my real coder and problem-solving skills."

IME, if you don't know this sort of detail, you don't have the real
problem-solving and architecture skills. This is about what I've noticed.
Everyone programs like they're building the hardware, not programming it.
They worry about things like the overhead of a while loop vs a goto in a
routine that gets invoked once every time you start playing a video, making
the programs pretty much unreadable.

The API I'm using, for example, isn't documented. All you have is the "test"
program, which is about 8000 lines of top-level code (i.e., all in main())
with no comments. Good luck figuring that out.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do