POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In my limited experience... : Re: In my limited experience... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In my limited experience...
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jan 2010 12:36:07
Message: <4b51f907@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Yes, because Java is *totally suitable* for embedded programming. Oh,
> wait...

I hate to say this, but Java was *designed* for embedded programming.
Indeed, lots and lots of cell phones only run Java user apps. It was
originally designed for programming cable TV set top boxes.

Which is not to say it hasn't evolved away from that.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do