POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with media density : Re: Problems with media density Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with media density
From: Alain
Date: 15 Jan 2010 16:01:30
Message: <4b50d7aa@news.povray.org>

> Try changing this:
>
> #local Clouds_Media =
> media
> {
> method 3 // adaptive
> aa_threshold 0.1 aa_level 3
> intervals 3
> samples 20
> jitter .1
> scattering
> { ...
>
> That's basically what I've got in my planet close-up scene.

Even beter:
media{
	samples 60
	jitter 0.1
	scattering{...}
	}

Same numbre of samples, but significantly faster.
Method 3 is default, aa is also default, so, they don't need to be
specified.
With method 3, it's recomended to keep the default intervals value,
whitch is 1, and only use the samples.

What append is that at places, you samples just miss the parts of your
media that have larger density value and fall on bits with very low to
zero density.

Alain