POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 99 lines of C++ for an unbiased ray tracer : Re: 99 lines of C++ for an unbiased ray tracer Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 99 lines of C++ for an unbiased ray tracer
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Jan 2010 15:03:58
Message: <4b50ca2e@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
> I haven't yet seem a GPU renderer that can render actual curves.

Seemingly there's no such need for them when triangle meshes are so
flexible, fast and look just the same.  (at the expense of memory)

> Also,
> can any of these unbiased renderers handle scattering particle media yet?

Why would it not handle?  Lux handles participating media, but just the
path tracer integrator, not bidir.  Not much used of course because I
guess it's insanely slow.

BTW, real-time scattering media will be soon enough in games from some
tech I've seen from Microsoft.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9