POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Okay how *do* you design airport security? : Re: Okay how *do* you design airport security? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Okay how *do* you design airport security?
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Jan 2010 14:07:41
Message: <4b50bcfd$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I'm wondering why they don't put humans through the X-ray machine.

I noticed they don't x-ray babies. And if you're willing for your kids to
die, why not?

Whaaaa! Whaaaaa!  Whaaaaa!  BAMF!

> Oh, wait. We already have several. Ultrasound, NMR, PET and so on. So
> I'm guessing it's just too expensive or impractical.

We have a really easy one, based on visible photons. It's called "take your
clothes off."  Somehow, people don't want that one tho. People would
actually rather die in flight than strip naked before a stranger.

> Interesting perspective: Road traffic accidents kill ten people PER DAY
> in the UK, apparently. And yet I don't see anybody freaking out and
> saying we need tougher controls on the roads...

You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to
plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that,
like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown
up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that
one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do