POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dimensions : Re: Dimensions Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dimensions
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Jan 2010 14:02:31
Message: <4b50bbc7$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> You'd need a pretty damned big bell jar to drop an object any
> significant distance.

Somewhat larger than the distance it takes to see a feather and a ball
bearing falling at different speeds in atmosphere.

>> You can go to edmond's scientific and buy bottles of vacuum for like a
>> quarter each, too.
>
> Really?

Yes. Ever get blood drawn? How do you think that works?

> But last I checked, a pump powerful enough to create anything you could
> describe as "a vacuum" is an extremely expensive piece of scientific
> equipment.

http://www.google.com/products?q=vacuum+pumps+for+sale

Even the $25 pump gets you down to 29" of vacuum.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do