POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering : Re: GPU rendering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GPU rendering
From: nemesis
Date: 14 Jan 2010 19:39:19
Message: <4b4fb937@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> A path tracer sports physically correct rendering,
>
> Well, maybe "closer to physically correct rendering".

yes.  In any case, I was pointing to andrel is that it's using the GPU
power to raytrace with a typical raytracing algorithm, not using any
fake scanline game tech.

> Let me know when
> you have a ray tracer that supports creating diffraction gratings
> without cheating.

perhaps this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon_tracing

the most realistic render ever:
http://www.cpjava.net/soupImages/soup_one.png

took 100 Sun SparcStation1s 1 month back in 1991 to generate the most
expensive (but beautiful) cornell box of sorts ever! :D