POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar : Re: Avatar Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avatar
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Jan 2010 17:57:04
Message: <4b4fa140$1@news.povray.org>
NO SPOILERS IN THIS MESSAGE

Captain Jack wrote:
> I don't know if the current spate of 3D in cinema is going to be a fad

Only after 3D blu-ray is available. Right now, it's big because it's the
only way to see a 3D movie.

> I do wish there was some way to create a screen made up of semi-transparent
> layers (or something) so that 3D films could be done without the glasses,
> though.

There is. You just have to hold your head really still. It's more a monitor
than a TV, in that sense.

There's also apparently work on a 3D TV using jitter-3D like
(link has a naked butt in one of the images, so NSFW maybe)
http://www.well.com/~jimg/stereo/stereo_list.html
to make for 3D you can view from wide angles. Apparently if you do it at
just the right speed, you can't see the wiggle.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do