POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar : Re: Avatar Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avatar
From: Captain Jack
Date: 14 Jan 2010 16:10:51
Message: <4b4f885b$1@news.povray.org>
news:4b4f7553@news.povray.org...
>  Btw, did you watch it in 3D? It was the first 3D movie (of the modern
> type)
> I watched, and it worked surprisingly well. Better than I expected.

We saw it in 3D, once on a regular screen and once on I-MAX. I think the 3D
really added to the picture.

Gotta be careful, though... my girlfriend and I loved it, but her mom and
sister (who went with us to the I-MAX) are both subject to motion sickness,
and some of the aerial sequences made them have to take off the glasses. Her
sister even got physically ill, unfortunately. To be fair, though, this was
on January 1 and we had all partied quite a bit the night before, so that
may have been involved.

--
Jack