POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Endless quest : Re: Draft #1 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Draft #1
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Jan 2010 14:25:22
Message: <4b4f6fa2$1@news.povray.org>
>>> ● Active Directory user account management, NTFS file security, TCP/IP
>>> network configuration.
>> Woah. That one really is a random grab-bag, eh?
>
> Not really, they're all related to administration of a Windows
> infrastructure.

Well, that was the general intention. It looks kind of random on the
page though. (I guess to somebody who knows what they're talking about,
it suggests that I have a clue too.)

>> Actually *all* I've done is install Oracle, create a blank database,
>> recover a destroyed database from backup, and regularly backup a running
>> database. That's basically *it*. But by mumbling something about "other
>> maintenance" I can make it sound like I did something significant.
>
> So someone else does the DBA tasks?  In that case, just be prepared to
> define what "other maintenance" is in case they ask.

Define "DBA tasks".

Seriously, the database runs itself. I need to set it up initially,
recover it if it breaks, and back it up periodically. What else is there?

>> I specifically didn't mention the version of Oracle I worked with, since
>> it was after all released over 10 years ago.
>
> That's fair enough. :-)
>
>> That said, I doubt things have changed *drastically* from the
>> administrator's point of view. (I'm sure they still have tablespaces and
>> redologs and rollback segments and parameter files...) But it doesn't
>> look cool when you say the equivilent of "hey, I have lots of experience
>> with Word 3.0!"
>
> Agreed.

Glad we're getting somewhere. ;-)

--