POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 99 lines of C++ for an unbiased ray tracer : Re: 99 lines of C++ for an unbiased ray tracer Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 99 lines of C++ for an unbiased ray tracer
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Jan 2010 14:18:53
Message: <4b4f6e1d@news.povray.org>
>> I don't find it really crazy, actually I was expecting far worse
>> before opening the file...
>
> Me too, honestly.  You can see what it's doing, and you could probably
> translate it by hand into some other OO imperative language without even
> knowing what it's trying to do.  It's not obfuscated as much as terse.

It's just shoved together into a very small space, so it's a big awkward
to read.

What I've probably done is got a plus sign instead of a minus somewhere,
or something equally trivial, which has none the less completely screwed
up the math. And damn, it's going to take a while to find it! :-/

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/