POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 99 lines of C++ for an unbiased ray tracer : Re: 99 lines of C++ for an unbiased ray tracer Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 99 lines of C++ for an unbiased ray tracer
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Jan 2010 11:33:41
Message: <4b4f4765@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> yes.  I wonder how it'd look like in Haskell. ;)

I had a go at implementing this, but I have clearly screwed up the math
somewhere, because the program is behaving very strangely.

(I've turned off all the fancy stuff until it's just a normal depth-1
ray tracer, and the image still just consists of a few bent lines.)

So far I've found at least a dozen bugs in the ray/intersection code, a
typo in the cross-product (typed an X instead of a Z), and I'm still
finding more. What can I say? I fail at math! o_O