POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Endless quest : Re: Draft #1 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Draft #1
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Jan 2010 07:58:47
Message: <4b4f1507$1@news.povray.org>
>> Currently I think almost the entirity of page #2 could be completely
>> removed and it would make almost no difference to the quality of this
>> CV.
>
> Page 2 contains important information; it shows that you have interests
> and hobbies, and for many employers, this is something that matters (it
> says to them that you aren't a workaholic and thus are less likely to
> burn out)

Heh. Like employers are going to care whether I prefer ballroom to
hip-hop. :-P

> ● Active Directory user account management, NTFS file security, TCP/IP
> network configuration.

Woah. That one really is a random grab-bag, eh?

> ● Oracle database creation, configuration, backup and recovery, and other
> maintenance.
>
> (Define "other maintenance" more precisely; user administration?  Access
> management?)

Neither of those.

Actually *all* I've done is install Oracle, create a blank database,
recover a destroyed database from backup, and regularly backup a running
database. That's basically *it*. But by mumbling something about "other
maintenance" I can make it sound like I did something significant.

>  * Became the system administrator of the UK site's Oracle database.
> Responsibilities included regularly backing up data and restoring it as
> needed.
>
> (You might also expand this to cover other things - user administration,
> for example, might be something you did for the Oracle setup.  You might
> also specify the version of Oracle being used if it's current).

I specifically didn't mention the version of Oracle I worked with, since
it was after all released over 10 years ago.

That said, I doubt things have changed *drastically* from the
administrator's point of view. (I'm sure they still have tablespaces and
redologs and rollback segments and parameter files...) But it doesn't
look cool when you say the equivilent of "hey, I have lots of experience
with Word 3.0!"