POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dimensions : Re: Dimensions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dimensions
From: scott
Date: 14 Jan 2010 03:50:07
Message: <4b4edabf@news.povray.org>
> Nope. The 123d has two turbochargers. The 120d has a bigger
> turbocharger, different injectors, IIRC different crankshaft and some
> other differencies compared to 118d. 118d and 116d may possibly be the
> same engine, I haven't found theier differencies, but I'd guess that
> they too have different turbos.

I stand corrected! I assumed that as there seemed to be software upgrades
available that the hardware was actually the same.

> I'd say that if it's done correctly, the reliability shouldn't be a
> major problem on that engine (especially 123d). But the software I
> referred to is a official software (by Hirch), so it won't trash the
> warranty of the car.

Yeh I saw that a lot of the more reputable companies will pay for anything
if the OEM refuses to pay out.  It seems though that (at least for BMW) you
do not automatically invalidate your warranty by changing the software, just
that they reserve the right to refuse to pay out if they think it's because
of you changing the software.