POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dimensions : Re: Dimensions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dimensions
From: scott
Date: 14 Jan 2010 03:35:55
Message: <4b4ed76b$1@news.povray.org>
> Power is nothing without control, 'tis true. But most cars (and animals)
> don't really have much of a problem with traction.

Have you seen cats on hardwood floors? (they slip a lot)

Or someone flooring it in a car from a standstill? (the wheels spin a lot)

I suspect the cheetah is so fast at accelerating because its claws can dig
into the ground to get traction.

If you got a vehicle with spiked tyres and drove it on grass it would
probably accelerate quicker too.  IIRC snow-mobiles have a similar drive
system that digs into the ice and they can get phenomenal acceleration.