POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Okay how *do* you design airport security? : Re: Okay how *do* you design airport security? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Okay how *do* you design airport security?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 14 Jan 2010 00:09:59
Message: <4b4ea727$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Much better: Maybe try stopping people *wanting* to blow up planes?
>>>
>>> Just an idea...
>>
>> That'd be great, but I'm not sure where to start with that.
>
> Agreed.
>
> To me, the best strategy is to have enough security to stop the random
> crazy people, and then work on the root causes of the _large numbers_ of
> people who are unhappy for the same reason.
>
> But now we're talking about *people*, and this is far beyond my area of
> expertise. :-(

Most people are unhappy. The root cause isn't people not liking the way
things are, its them being told by lunatics that their is a reason for
this, and that the solution is to kill a bunch of people that belong to,
follow, believe in, or belong to, that reason. Sadly, #1 biggest problem
in solving *that* problem is that, in most places, such bullshit is
"protected", and where it isn't, its still lent undue credence, by
clueless morons, that like to stand around claiming its just the people
that don't *get* it properly doing stupid stuff, even while they stand
their signing a petition to remove lobsters from signs, or some
similarly stupid idiocy, because it might somehow offend their own
*protected* gibberish.

In short. You need to watch out of people acting obsessed, crazy,
unreasonable, and dangerous to others, then try to either a) fix the
problem, or b) lock them up. Unless... its the "protected" sort of
crazy, in which case you are supposed to ignore it and just add more
full body scanners to the nearest airport, in hopes that you catch more
underwear bombers than you do incensed idiots whining about being
embarrassed that they wear adult diapers (which is one of the current
stupid arguments among the anti-scanner people in the US).

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();