POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dimensions : Re: Dimensions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dimensions
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 Jan 2010 15:32:51
Message: <4b4e2df3$1@news.povray.org>
>> Finally, somebody correctly identifies the issue... sheesh.
>
> Well, the others had good ideas as well - grip seems an important thing,
> too - power on a ice vs. power on pavement end up with two vastly
> different results.. :-)
>
> Or was that sarcasm? ;-)

Power is nothing without control, 'tis true. But most cars (and animals)
don't really have much of a problem with traction. The glaringly obvious
thing about fast animals (including the cheetah) is that they weigh
approximately nothing. Hell, fast cars tend to have the exact same
property! Except they're made of metal, which is strong, but quite heavy.

Of course, a cheetah can out-accelerate most cars, but has limited top
speed and severely limited endurance. But then again, if it doesn't kill
something in 90 seconds or so, the animal it's chasing won't give it
enough food to be worth continuing the chase anyway.

I gather the cheetah is limited primarily by overheating. Then again, it
leaves in a freakin' desert wilderness, after all...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/