POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lightsabers.. : Re: Lightsabers.. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsabers..
From: Tim Cook
Date: 12 Jan 2010 20:51:58
Message: <4b4d273e@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> I have thought, however, that it could be explained by having the
> Unobtainium capacitors, that power a LASER/plasma/whatever weapon,
> discharge with a sonic component. I mean, if the charging circuit for a
> set of flash bulbs has a nice whine to it, maybe the futuristic ones
> will just have a different charge rate/volt/pattern.

Speaking of Unobtanium, the other day I came across this article,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Element_115 ...'ununpentium'.  Using the
naming scheme that they are for elements that haven't been assigned a
'proper' name yet will clearly lead to one thing and one thing only:
eventually, we will create unobtanium.

I think they did that on purpose.

--
Tim Cook