POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dimensions : Re: Dimensions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dimensions
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Jan 2010 17:28:03
Message: <4b4cf773$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> I thought we were assuming that the spaces we were talking about come
> with a pre-defined notion of distance, so why is there a need to
> explicitly define it ourselves?

I think I was more making the point that "distance" isn't a simple
definition when you're talking about space that curves in different
directions in different places.

Indeed, isn't it possible to have spaces where the distance from here to
there is different than the distance from there to here?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do