POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dimensions : Re: Dimensions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dimensions
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 12 Jan 2010 17:22:05
Message: <4b4cf60d@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> That's a whole crapload of jargon, right there.

Those are all very basic terms for dealing with non-Euclidean spaces.
Since we're talking about non-Euclidean spaces, I don't think it's
uncalled for.

That said, you do have something of a point there, so I'll rephrase:

I thought we were assuming that the spaces we were talking about come
with a pre-defined notion of distance, so why is there a need to
explicitly define it ourselves?