POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mathematically derived bicubic patches : Mathematically derived bicubic patches Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:28:54 EDT (-0400)
  Mathematically derived bicubic patches
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 12 Jan 2010 17:19:35
Message: <4b4cf577@news.povray.org>
Hola,

Since I can barely draw a straght line with a ruler, I've not had much luck
making bicubic patches that look like leaves and petals (Clay Pots post in
p.b.i) I was wondering if anyone had done anything along those lines but
using formula's instead on pushing and pulling on a shape in a modeller.
I've done some homework and have some links bookmarked, but will save them
for late night insomnia (some pretty heady reading btw) ... Not looking for
a short cut, but if anyone has anything they might like to offer up for
study, that would be nice!

Hasta Bye