POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dimensions : Re: Dimensions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dimensions
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 12 Jan 2010 17:18:07
Message: <4b4cf51f$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Any possible line segment in elliptic geometry can be used as a circle
> diammeter. (Since lines that are "too large" to define a circle won't
> fit into the space in the first place.)

Yes, obviously, so long as you don't define line segments so that a line
is allowed to overlap with itself.  But I defined xyz as a function of
the *radius* of a circle, not as a function over line segments.
Defining circles so that they work for all radii under this definition
requires a touch more care (although it is possible).