POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lightsabers.. : Lightsabers.. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Lightsabers..
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 11 Jan 2010 17:23:17
Message: <4b4ba4d5$1@news.povray.org>
Ok, this is just fracking nuts, and no, I am not just talking about how
much the damn things would cost you. I just wanted to see if I could
find something *vaguely* less lame than the cheap plastic ones you get
at halloween, planning for the next one. What I find is stuff like this:

Build your own hilt to put stuff in:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Modular-Hilt-System-C3.aspx

Add parts, either the single LED version:
http://www.plecterlabs.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23

Or a multiple LED version (This one would cost almost $500 before done,
due to all the LEDs, which being high output are almost $3-$5 a piece):

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/hyperblade/purchase.php

This is a view of what the later ones look like, when lit:

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/hyperblade/photo.php?picID=hyperblade_allcolor1.jpg

o.O

Seriously though, I would just like to see one where the blade can
extend, without the horrible design of the plastic ones. So far, I
can't. lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {