POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Endless quest : Re: Endless quest Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Endless quest
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Jan 2010 16:47:42
Message: <4b4b9c7e$1@news.povray.org>
Captain Jack wrote:
> I really just want to know what you've been doing for the last four or five
> years. If you've been in the industry for 20 years, that's great, but the
> stuff you were doing then isn't likely to be relevant, and that company is
> probably out of business anyway.

I think it depends on what kind of job you're advertising. I wouldn't want
to work at a job where my experience of 10 years ago isn't relevant. Indeed,
I've made quite a lot of money in the last 4 years based on what I was doing
in 1994.

If you say "We have a start-up company building a new and innovative X, but
don't bother to apply unless you understand Visual Basic and ASP.NET 3.5",
you're going to fail right there.

If you say "We have a McDonalds, and don't bother to apply unless you've run
a cash register in a fast-food restaurant before", I'm not going to apply.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do